Welcome to our new family blog. I thought I'd start by updating you on the happenings in our family over the last few months.
Emma started preschool and dance class back in August. Although she's not a huge fan of preschool, she adores her dance class. It's the highlight of her week! As for preschool, the best thing that has come from it is her playmate, Dylan. He's a cutie! And as an added bonus, I really like his mom, Jenney. Their playdates have been a life saver for me lately.
We celebrated Emma's 3rd birthday in November. Her party at the Community Center was a BLAST! She and all her friends played themselves silly. She responded to each gift just like it was the best one she'd ever received. I was so proud of her.
Now let's make fun of Scott. One night in early December, he gets up to find our bathroom door locked. Keep in mind it's 2:00 in the morning. He decides to try to open it right then rather than waiting until 6:00. After trying to pick it for what seems like forever, he realizes that we are truly locked out. There were no screws to take off the knob, and the hinges were on the opposite side of the door. So, he decides to bust the door open with his foot. (You know, like you see on TV?) It might have worked in theory, but instead he caught half his foot on the door knob and broke it. No, not the knob. It was his foot that was broken and split wide open!
The first part of December flew by. Emma and I spent a few days in Picayune just before Christmas. MeMe came back to Birmingham with us for the holidays. We arrived home to find my dear sweet hubby (and a contractor) had finished remodeling our den. I was so excited to see my house finally coming out of the 1970's. (If anyone is looking for some excruciatingly tacky wood grain panelling, you can find it at the landfill along with some marigold wallpaper.)
Christmas day was a BLAST! I had to wake Emma up 10:00 to see what Santa left her. (I'm sure that will be the last year that happens.) When she walked in the room she went for her baby doll first. I think she discovered for her puzzles after that. Needless to say, she got way too many toys and most of them are still packed away for later days.
The week between Christmas and New Year was spent updating our living room. Three paint colors later, you won't believe the transformation. We started with sage green, changed it to olive green and ended with deep blue. It's AMAZING! (If you are looking for the pink funeral home drapes left by the previous owners, you can also find those at the landfill.)
We spent New Year's Eve with "boy & girl" and their parents. (For those who don't know, "boy & girl" are Whitteny and Jeremiah. Emma has called them that since she first started talking.) We bought some kiddie fireworks and sat on the back of Jeremy's truck sipping hot chocolate and watching the show. No late night for us though, we were home by 10:30.
So far 2007 has been interesting. The Shoemake family spent the night with us on their way home from Gatlinburg. It's amazing the amount of laundry an extra family of 6 can produce in 18 hours. LOL!
We have big plans for the next few weeks. Emma starts back to preschool Tuesday. Then she and I leave Thursday afternoon to spend 5 days in Myrtle Beach with Mia, Phillip, Aunt Nette and the girls. Emma will flip out when she realizes she will get to swim during the winter in an indoor pool. Mia and I are looking forward to late night board games after the munchkins are in bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yippee!!! I'm sooo glad you've got a blog!!
It looks great!
So glad to be able to keep up with your family! We look forward to seeing you and Emma soon! Love, Kym & Jenna
Post a Comment