Sunday, November 18, 2007

My big girl

I can't believe my baby will be 4 years old tomorrow. Where has time gone? She's officially leaving the toddler stage and entering into the world of little girl. She plays dress up. She watches Barbie movies. She has an imaginary playmate she calls Sister. She pumps her legs when she swings. These are things that little girls do! And let me also say that she likes to tell tall tells. Just today we were out shopping when my aunt found a nickel on the ground. She'd no sooner picked it up than Emma said in a sweet innocent voice, "You know what? A long time ago I was here with my daddy and I had some money. I put it in my pocket and some of it fell on the ground. I think that's my money!" Needless to say she got that nickel. I couldn't believe that my little girl came up with such a clever little story so quickly. Yet another sign that she's growing up too fast. And it's only just begun!

I thought I'd share a few birthday party pictures. She had a little cupcake party at preschool, and then a bigger party at Froggy's. On a total side note, I have to warn everyone about something. If anyone ever tells you that you can eat pizza, cake, ice cream AND open presents all in 30 minutes, they are lying to you. There is no possible way! If someone tells you this, do not let them take your money for a birthday party. Run the opposite way as fast as you can. ALSO, and listen up because this is very important, all those cute little character cake pans you see at Michael's are a fraud. They should be legally required to write in extra large print "Results not typical. The cake shown was done by a professional multiple times before looking this good." Anyway...here are the pictures.

These first two are from her preschool party. Emma helped decorate the cupcakes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was a meltdown that happened later that day.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Party pictures
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Raising Jenna said...

I love the one of you, Emma and the cupcake. So sweet! :) It was great to see you yesterday!