Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Disney

Our very first trip to Disney was amazing even though it started out with a 2:00 a.m. projectile vomit at a Holiday Inn Express in Gainsville, FL. Yep, Emma revisited her chocolate milk and Pringles (junk food lesson learned) all over her sleeping bag, lovies, the wall, Scott's bed, her pj's, her hair, the shower curtain.....you get the picture! Since we couldn't exactly bag all that up and take it to Disney, that left me no choice but to do laundry at 3:00 a.m.


The next day started out a little interesting too when we realized I'd failed to refill Scott's blood pressure medicine. We went on a short wild goose chase trying to fill the Rx only to decide just to wait until we got to Orlando. Then we happened upon this sign at a rest area just outside of town. Hmmmm....are they trying to send us a message to go back home?

Once we finally made it to Disney we had a wonderful time. I'm so thankful we decided to buy a larger sized umbrella stroller for the parks. It really came in handy toting our junk and corralling the kiddo. Another lesson we learned was to tough it out when the rain comes in. The crowds thinned considerably and we were able to ride any ride we wanted with minimal to no wait. Scott and Emma rode Splash mountain three times in a row! Obviously that was one of her favorite rides. Others that topped the list were Thunder Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Goofy's Barnstormer and Soarin'. Another favorite of the trip was eating at Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex in Downtown Disney. So cool! I really could go on and on, but I'll spare you. Here are just a few out of the 400 pictures I took while we were there.


2 comments:

jenney said...

You got some great shots!! I love that one of them standing together at Epcot (all of mine are from behind). Cute pics!

gottaluvboyz said...

Wonderful pictures, Leila!!! It looks like you guys had a great time:) How cool that you could share in the adventure w/ Jenney (and family) as well!!! You look fantastic, BTW:)