Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A converstation with Emma...

I thought I'd share a little conversation Emma and I had this morning before preschool.


Emma: "Are you going to pick me up in the drive thru today?" (This means am I going to pick her up in the car line at noon, or will it be her extended day at school where she has to take a nap.)

Me: "No, baby. It's your long day at school today."

Emma (in a whiny voice): "I don't want to take a nap at school. It takes too long. Please come pick me up in the drive thru."

I continue to hear that last sentence multiple times along with "Please let me stay home with you today. I promise I'll take a nap here."

Now, fast forward to when we are in the car on our way to preschool.

Emma: "Mommy!"

Me: "What, baby?"

Emma: "I think I'm sick."

Me (rolling my eyes): "What's wrong?"

Emma: "I don't know, but I'm sick and I think you need to turn around and take me back home!"

Now, can someone please tell me how a 4 year old learns to play hookie from school, because I wasn't prepared for that yet.

3 comments:

jenney said...

LOL This story just makes me laugh! That girl can come up with some good stuff!

Sheri said...

HAHAHAHA! She is going to be a tricky one when she is older if she has this skill level now. I, too, am worried about little Ava being to smart for her own good so soon. *sigh*

Raising Jenna said...

She is GOOD! :)