For those of you who don't know, I belong to an online group of mommies. One of the moms in our group lost her one year old daughter to cancer in October. I think about this little girl every single day. I also think about her mommy, daddy and older brother. My heart aches for them. I cannot imagine the pain they feel day after day. The mom posted a message today on our site that brought tears to my eyes once again. Here's an excerpt from her post:
"And I feel so guilty about not having caught Gabby's illness sooner, for not having held her more, for having so little patience when she didn't sleep through the night and realizing now that it was because she was in excruciating pain whenever she was lying down because of the massive tumor in her brain. I look at old pictures and just cry."
I'd like to ask you to remember this family in your thoughts and prayers. They need all the help they can get right now. I think one of their biggest fears is that their little girl will be forgotten. I don't think that's possible. I know I will never forget her even though I never met her. Here's a photo of Gabby and a link to the myspace set up in her honor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Leila, my heart aches for them too. I know that, I, personally will never forget Gabby and ALL that her parents did for her. Bless them, (((hugs))), and prayers always...
Thanks for posting about Gabby again. I know one of their biggest fears is that Gabby is forgotten. Remembering her is honoring her.
Will definitely be praying for this family--particularly Mom. I cannot imagine what desperate pain they must be in. You are so precious for posting about them to ask for prayer from your blog-readers. Prayer is the greatest gift we as humans can give.
It's great that you posted about Gabby again. May she never be forgotten.
Post a Comment