Saturday, June 14, 2008

I need your help

Emma and I will soon be taking two 6 hour train trips. I'm planning on bringing our portable DVD player, but even my kid can't watch 6 straight hours of Strawberry Shortcake. =) So, that's were you come in. I need some activity ideas that can fit into a small carry on type bag. Any ideas?

4 comments:

jenney said...

Hmm...Leapster, coloring, drawing, books, some new movies from the library that she hasn't seen, camera (for her to take pictures from the train). If I think of anymore I'll let you know. =)

Party of Five said...

Cards to play go fish or old maid or slap jack. You can get little travel versions of hungry hippos and connect 4.

Evonne said...

What about a felt board with shapes? Here's a tutorial for it: http://jchandmade.typepad.com/photos/felt_board_tutorial/fb_tutorial.html

It's something I've been meaning to do for Owen, but just haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully he'll still be interested by the time I get around to it.

Anonymous said...

I'm all about the old stand-by coloring book and colored pencils. Crayola makes colored pencils now that roll up when they get dull instead of needing to be sharpened. That and a small drawing pad--you can draw a squiggle and get E to make a picture from it--should hopefully help out! =)