Sunday, July 20, 2008

life...it isn't always what you expect

Last night I was reading the blog of a friend of a friend. She’d just announced that she is expecting a surprise baby in the spring. She went on to say that next year she and her husband would have one in high school, one in jr high, one in elementary and one in daycare. I sat at my desk last night and laughed with her at her situation. I added her blog to my Google Reader and then I went to bed thinking of her. I was amused at the cards life had dealt her. Then a few hours later their oldest was killed in a car accident. My amusement left. Sadness remains in it’s place. Two life changing events in two completely opposite ways. No, life doesn’t always take the path you planned.

Shelly, I'm thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

3 comments:

Raising Jenna said...

how sad. Thanks for sharing ...

Party of Five said...

That's heart breaking. My heart goes out to them...

Deanna said...

So Lelia, do you ever go to Scrap Etc.??? I didn't realize you did, since you're in Mobile! But I go every time I'm in Bham. Alll of my family is still in Alabama, and we visit often!