Thursday, July 9, 2009

2 months (continued)

Just thought I'd finish what I started with my last post. Here's a little update on James now that he's 2 months old.

  • He weighed 7lbs 14oz at his 2 month check-up and was 18.5 inches long.
  • He sleeps in a bassinet in our room.
  • He has infant reflux for which he takes Zantac.
  • He often chokes when he's eating. :(
  • He has FINALLY gotten the hang of nursing, but we still have to bottle feed him so he can get cereal in his bottles to help with his reflux.
  • He drinks 2 to 2.5oz at each feeding.
  • He still wears newborn size diapers.
  • He LOVES for me to wear him in my infant carrier. He almost always falls asleep instantly.
  • He has to be swaddled in order to stay asleep when you lay him down.
  • He smiled for the first time on the 4th of July.
  • He sometimes sleeps 4 hours strait during the night.
  • He's very patient with his big sister when she treats him like her own personal baby doll.
  • He doesn't like the bouncy seat. He's not a big fan of the swing either. He'd prefer it if we just held him all day long.
  • He has an unusual hairline in the back. People often comment about it.
  • He is already a Momma's boy!

4 comments:

mustangkayla said...

He is adorable! Sorry to hear he doesn't sleep any longer for you. You must be tired as can be! Maddy is the same way, she prefers to be held and sure lets lose if you don't!

stephanie said...

Mmmm, he looks like his daddy! And Andrea thinks Sarah's her own live doll too!

gottaluvboyz said...

He is just too cute for words. I agree with Stephanie...I definitely see Scott in him.

jenney said...

I just adore this pic!! So sweet!