Thursday, September 9, 2010

gaining weight and finally walking!

Finally, at 16 months old, James has broken the 17 pound mark. He's also made the discovery that after 7+ months of crawling, and callouses on his knees, he might give walking a try. I credit his new steps to the one year old story time at the Hoover library. Apparently seeing all those kids his own size toddling around was just the motivation he needed to give it a try. He's also been perfecting his climbing skills with the discovery of his sister's bunk bed ladder and the new slide I bought him - he's obsessed with it! I swear he'll be the death of me!

We saw the pediatric gastroenterologist today. As mentioned above, he's finally passed the 17lb mark. The doc still wants him to catch up a little more though. He's changed us from regular Pediasure @ 240 calories per 8oz to the new and improved Pediasure 1.5 @ 350 calories per 8 oz. I might end up with a chunky baby after all.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

I may look into the pediasure...
It sounds like your little mister is doing well!

mustangkayla said...

I'm glad to hear James is gaining weight! I hear ya on the slides and climing! lol...nothing like walking into a room after hearing a deathly scream and finding them stuck on a stool, coffee table, end table, etc.I ended up giving in and buying that for Peyton (4 yr old) as he won't eat. Ugh...We are taking Maddy to a pediatric whatchamacalit dr. next month. The closest one is 2 1/2 hrs away!

Stacy said...

yay James on the weight gain and walking. I know what you mean about climbing and being adventurous. Sarah is the opposite of Anna. She never tried anything like climbing on things or using her whole body to figure out things. Sarah is my crazy one that way!