Sunday, September 19, 2010

inspired. {scrapping & decorating}

I've been neglecting my scrap time lately. My lack of scrap space is partly to blame, but there's a plan in mind to remedy that. I just need to find the mojo to clean out our joke-of-a-sunroom {a.k.a. junkroom}. Anyway.....decided to take advantage of our lazy Sunday afternoon and whip out a quick page. This one is of Emma and her very first best friend whose mom happens to be by best friend.
Now.......on the the exciting stuff!!! We've lived in this house for 5.5 years now. It was in desperate, desperate need of updating when we bought it. We were able to do a portion of the house within the first couple of years. Now after taking a hiatus from the updating, we're ready (well, I don't know about Scott, but I'm ready!) to tackle the dreaded 1970's kitchen. I found my inspiration from an issue of This Old House that I picked up at my favorite local thrift store. I tore the pages out and I've been showing everyone who walks in our door. The pages are wrinkled and well loved now, however I snapped a few pictures to share. Don't worry, I'm not going with the bright yellow or seafoam green in the featured kitchen. I am, though, going with the white cabinets and a small dose of red accents. The coutertops will be a charcoal gray, and the floor will be a wood laminate (hopefully!).

my kitchen currently:

my inspiration:



my 1st purchase for my soon-to-be updated kitchen:

4 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Great LO! Good luck with your kitchen remodeling...looks like you have found some great inspiration!!!

Virginia said...

Oh do it! I'm in the process of doing mine and I love it so far. I know you don't like the seafoam, but it sure is a pretty contrast against that red! ;)

I can't wait to see your progress!

mustangkayla said...

Cute layout! Good luck with your kitchen remodel! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures for your inspiration. I'm still trying to get my hubby to let me paint a wall red as I want lots of red in the kitchen. Have you checked out Cosmo Crickets Early Bird Line? Its in fabric now, I'm itching to find it and create some towels and accents with it. Here is a link to projects for my kitchen that I've done: http://dream-bielieve-imagine-mustangkayla.blogspot.com/2010/05/cosmo-cricketim-in-love.html

jenney said...

Can't wait to see your kitchen! I know you're so excited and it'll look awesome when it's all done.

Cute scrapbook page, too. ;)