Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to School

I know, I'm a couple of weeks late with this. Sorry. My only defense is that I've become completely obsessed with Edward & Bella and they've been monopolizing all my spare time. I finished all 4 books in less than three weeks, and I've already re-read books one and four.

Emma started back to preschool two weeks ago. I cannot believe that this time next year she'll be in KINDERGARTEN! She seems to be doing a little better this year. Her teachers are AMAZING this time around. She's still a momma's girl, though, and she's a master at playing hooky. Last week we were pulling out of the driveway and she said this to me, "Mommy, it's VERY foggy out here and this fog is going to get all over your windshield. That's very dangerous. I don't think you should take me to school today." I've got to give her credit. She's pretty clever for a four year old, or at least I think so.

Here are some facts about my 4.5 year old as she enters K4:

  • She insists that you include the .5 on her age.
  • She is obsessed with wearing "cool" clothes. The definition of "cool" to a four (and a half) year old entails anything black or adorned with sparkles. (Who knew goth bling was in for preschoolers?)
  • She is broadening her horizon on the vegetable front. Her most recent addition being boiled okra. (I guess she is a true southerner at heart, although she still doesn't like sweet tea!) And just the other day I offered her anything she wanted for dinner....she requested brussel sprouts! =) Maybe I'm doing something right as a mother.
  • She claims when she grows up she wants to be a mommy, a cheerleader, and a pet doctor (aka veterinarian). And she wants to live next door to us so we won't have to walk very far to see her and her animals.
  • Her pretend sister is 100 years old and has one million dollars in her piggy bank.
  • So far, all of her school work has come home with a heart drawn on the back with a crayon, and the words "Emma loves Dylan" written in the middle. (I wasn't ready for this just yet.)
Now for some pictures of my back-to-school girl.

4 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Too cute! Love your list...makes me smile:) I may have to jump on the bandwagon w/ these books LOL.

jenney said...

I love the misc. facts about your 4.5 year old!! LOVE that picture of her going into school!!!

Raising Jenna said...

love it!

Jen said...

she is so cute! Such fun pictures...I love they way you documented 4.5 years old.