Monday, November 24, 2008

5 years old!

This has been a quite anticipated birthday for Emma. You see, back when she was three years old we bought her new bedroom furniture including a bunk bed. Since she was too little to sleep on the top bunk, we told her she'd have to wait until she was five. At the time it seemed so far away. Well, needless to say it snuck up on us, and now it's official. She's been on the top bunk for 5 nights now. She's so incredibly proud of herself!

She celebrated her birthday a few days early at Pump it Up, and she also had a little cupcake party at preschool the day of her birthday. I was a bad mommy and only took 1 photo during the party at Pump it Up. I figured there were so many people with cameras there that surely they would share with me. They did! Here's a link to Papa's gallery. And here are a few of the pictures I took at her cupcake party.


I'll leave you with a few tidbits about my 5 year old little-big girl!
  • She 41" and 38 pounds.
  • She has very nearly perfected counting to 100.
  • She sleeps on her top bunk!
  • She's a huge fan of polka dots
  • She loves decorative/fancy/character socks.
  • She can tie her shoes by herself and loves that her 8 year old cousin can't!
  • She only likes to wear her shoes for a week or so. Then they're old news! We fight about this almost daily. I often get the comment, "Why do I HAVE to keep wearing these shoes?"
  • She has a crush on a boy named Kaden. I have to admit, he's pretty darn cute!
  • She spent $5 of her birthday money on something for the baby and something our dog. (my sweet child!) She didn't even buy anything for herself.
  • The day before she turned 5 she wanted to know if she was going to move up to Kindergarten the next day since she'd be too old for K4. Bless her heart!
  • She really wants our baby to be a girl. When I asked her "What if it's a boy? Will you still love him?" She responded with, "Yes, I'll still love him.......half!"
  • She wants to name her baby sister "Olivia/Emily Violet Rosey Emma Reagan McCloud Mommy Daddy Granny Papa." Yes, all those names together. It's only the first name that changes between Olivia and Emily.

5 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Too cute! I'm glad she had a nice birthday:) How sweet of her to buy something for the baby and dogs!!!!

Creating Memories said...

Happy Birthday Emma!! She is getting so big!

Raising Jenna said...

Happy 5th Birthday, EMMA!!!!
Love, Jenna :)

Sheri said...

How are our girls getting so big so fast? Ava will be 5yo on Monday. Yes, she thinks that means school starts next week. :P

Happy Birthday, Emma!!!

Jenney said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Emma!!

I still love the "half" comment. LOL

I need to send you the pics I took at her party. Remind me!!